The Bright Network team was swept up in a whirlwind of activity this September with our busiest events season yet. Across six events – including the Bright Network FESTIVAL 2018 – we’ve reached 3,300 members of our network. And we gave them the chance to meet over 90 potential employers in events covering a range of sectors and specialisms.
That’s a lot of networking. A plethora of expert panels, plenty of great questions and a healthy dose of practical career advice.
A place to learn and be inspired
Our events are always inspirational and a place to learn – and not just for the students attending. The insights we get from events like these really help us keep responding to what graduates want, and help us shape the recruitment advice we give to our clients and partners.
So here are five useful gems we have picked up this September.
- Events like these – a combination of networking, advice and case studies – really help students with the next steps in their career. A huge 88% of attendees across our events this September found the day useful.
- Be prepared: the best way for students to get the best from the day is to do their research beforehand. When we asked attendees what advice they’d give to future Bright Network members thinking of going to an event, 67% recommended researching firms and being prepared with questions to ask them. Now it’s up to businesses to make sure their websites are research-friendly and informative for potential candidates.
- Networking is key. Students consistently mention this as one of their event highlights – both the chance to talk with representatives from a range of potential employers and being able to network with their peers. Not only that, panelists and keynote speakers were eager to point out the benefits of networking: a fellow student you meet at an event now could be the CEO of a business you want to work with in the future.
- Our network is diverse and becoming more so. This autumn’s events saw 59% BAME (Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic) attendees. As many employers cite reaching a diverse enough range of high quality talent as a major challenge, we’re proud that our events are giving the chance to bridge this gap.
- It’s all about finding the right fit. Students are keen to get a feel for company culture and what people are like. And businesses want to share their values so they can find recruits who will embrace them. Face to face networking events are a great way to test the cultural fit.
An event that’s right for your recruitment challenges
Our events take place throughout the year, giving you the chance to meet our ambitious and diverse members. Whether you’re after specific audiences such as women, STEM students or those from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds, or you’re simply looking to raise your company profile with the brightest graduates, we’ll find the best event for you.
Get in touch to find out how you can be there next time. Email Anu Manthri – firstname.lastname@example.org – to find out more.